McGinley Aviation are currently looking for a Technical Analyst to join are very reputable new London based client on a permanent basis.
The Technical Analyst is responsible for staging and analysing structured datasets, specifically with Microsoft SQL and determining the root cause of issues and providing solutions.
Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Identify and extract data in a forensically sound manner, often in support of compliance assessments and investigations
- Perform data integrity and completeness exercises prior to executing analytics
- Perform analysis of accounting, finance, and various other types of records to identify patterns or transactions that present red-flag characteristics utilizing SQL
- Review and manage structured and unstructured data
- Inventory data received and record metadata
- Transform data using scripting languages such as SQL, PowerShell, C#, or Python
- Perform complex data imports into Microsoft SQL Server
- Validate imported data and perform preliminary data manipulation and analysis
- Ensure relevant data sets are identified and collected, design tailored data queries to support the team's objectives, prepare and provide results of analyses in effective and user-friendly formats, and problem-solve together where unusual datasets create challenges
- Liaise with client counterparts in finance and IT functions
- Documentation and report writing as needed, operating under a standardized reporting framework
- Demonstrate an understanding of risks associated with various engagements
- Balance multiple projects and responsibilities
- A minimum of 1 year prior work experience in Data Analytics;
- Professional demeanour and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be a team player and have a strong work ethic, integrity, and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team with a substantially high degree of initiative and drive
- Preferred qualifications include knowledge of following domains:
- Visualization improvements
- Machine learning
- International compliance standards
- Data privacy laws
- Proficiency with SQL Server, as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint required
- Ability to work to deadline on concurrent projects
- Valid passport and availability for both domestic and international travel (approx. 50%), with some travel on short notice
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Sciences, Accounting or other relevant field desirable.
Due to the high volume of applicants it may not be possible to reply to all candidates. If you have not received feedback within 7 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful and our team will do by best assist you in other areas.
Why choose McGinley Aviation?
McGinley Aviation & Aerospace is recognised as a leading provider of global recruitment solutions. With a highly-skilled and well established recruitment team, McGinley Aviation & Aerospace are specialists at sourcing the right talent to suit the unique demands of the aviation and aerospace sector.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a prompt and effective recruitment service - working to acquire the very best talent the market has to offer. We work equally as hard to ensure that our candidates get the best experience possible, giving them the guidance, support and information they need every step of the way.
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence - for a confidential discussion about this job opportunity, call McGinley Aviation and speak with Dan Gosden
All applicants applying for this role must have a right to work within the EU.
McGinley Aviation & Aerospace Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Business Aviation, Aircraft, Procurement, Business Jets, Private Jets, Switzerland, Zurich, Aviation, Director, Aviation Jobs.